With the growth and development in the artificial intelligence and machine learning industry, many technologies have emerged side by side. A series of development and modification into the existing mobile phones carved the smartphone that we all use today. The viewpoint of developers and companies in the app market has completely changed. Apps that can be smarter and can learn from users who are much in demand.
What are Intelligent Apps?
Intelligent mobile apps are basically AI-enabled applications that deliver an adaptive, rich, and personalized user experience. These apps combine the power of predictive and prescriptive analytics, cutting-edge technologies, consumer data, and operational data with latest user-centric design and application development tools to make a high-end user experience.
Also termed as smart apps, developers, as well as many mobile app companies, have switched their focus from native-single-operational apps to intelligent apps. The app market is versatile and the technology changes that take place here are very rapid.
Examples of Some Intelligent Apps
- CORTANA: Microsoft’s Cortana is one of the best Intelligent apps that is changing our lives. The personal assistant app offers different features and functionalities to users, such as keeping track of important files and documents, setting reminders, getting insight into weather forecast, etc.
- SWIFTKEY KEYBOARD: SwiftKey Keyboard is an AI-powered keyboard which auto-corrects your wrong text. Additionally, the app also offers features like changing font color, design, theme, and style, and adding fun to your conversation with emojis.
- ELSA SPEAK: ELSA (English Language Speech Assistant) is another popular Artificial Intelligence app that helps users learn English quickly and effectively. The application has listed down test designed by the experts which enables users to learn and speak English fluently in a very less time span.
- FLO: Flo is also an i-app that is primarily used in the process of photo and video editing. The app comes with a built-in voice assistant that enables users to give a voice command regarding which footage to pick, and on what basis (on the basis of location, date, or tags).
- SOCRATIC: Introduced by Google, Socratic is an AI-based intelligent application that is simplifying the learning process. The application empowers students to ask questions by taking a photo of questions or asking verbally. The application comes up with optimal Q&A sections, blog links, and YouTube videos, which makes studying process faster and simpler
- IRIS: Developed by Paint Technology Solutions, it is an intelligent reporting Android and iOS app for managers, team leaders, and co-workers of any particular project. And the best part is that multiple users can access the same document at the same time and that too from different sync devices.
- HOUND: Hound is yet another perfect example of how Artificial Intelligence in mobile apps can streamline your life. The app takes voice commands to perform different actions such as getting familiar with the best hotel, restaurant, or doctors.
- FACE APP: Face App is yet another application that uses AI and Neural network technology to create freaky, hilarious, yet most realistic face transformations.
- YOUPER: Available on both Android and iOS, Youper is a user-friendly Artificial intelligence app that caters to health and fitness problems. The application is based on cognitive behavioral therapy.
Prime Features of Intelligent Mobile Apps
- ACTION-ORIENTED: The foremost characteristic of i-apps is that these applications do not wait for users to make every move. Rather, they study user behavior and deliver personalized and actionable results using the power of Predictive Analytics.
- DATA-DRIVEN: The intelligent apps gather data from different sources – be it IoT sensors, websites – and analyze it in real-time. A result of which is that you get the right results for almost everything, when asked.
- CONTEXTUAL: Since Intelligent mobile apps studies users’ behavior and desires, they easily differentiate between which information is relevant and which is not. Because of this, these apps provide highly contextual and relevant information to users.
- ADAPTIVE IN NATURE: Backed by Machine learning algorithms, these applications are adaptive in nature. Meaning, they can easily upgrade their knowledge as per their surroundings.
- EXCLUSION OF KEYBOARD INPUTS: Meaning that these applications respond to commands given in the form of speech, gesture movement, or image also.
- OMNICHANNEL: These apps understand that users expect a common experience, irrespective of which platform they are interacting with. And thus, ensures that they get the same experience on all the communication channels.
CONCLUSION: Intelligent apps are touching all areas of our lives – Media, Technology, Healthcare, Finance, Lifestyle, etc. Let’s wait and see how intelligent apps are going to make everything smart around us.